Training Solutions for Individuals – Project Management
Project Management with Agile
Project Management with Agile provides you with a dynamic certificate program that combines leading edge self-paced online coursework in Project Management with an interactive 3-day classroom training experience that utilizes a simulation to enhance your learning of Agile methodologies.
Agile methodology is an approach to project management, typically used in software development. It uses organizational models based on people, collaboration and shared values. Agile development methodology attempts to provide many opportunities to assess the direction of a project throughout the development lifecycle by using rolling wave planning and interactive and incremental delivery methods.
The Rutgers University-Merit Systems course teaches Agile principles and practices used in Project Management to manage change through flexibility, adaptation and direct communication. During this intensive, three-day course, participants develop and employ an Agile design beginning with Sprint Planning and Scrums. Simulation is used during the class to reinforce important principles. Every day, participants are provided the opportunity to manage an Agile project in a dynamic real-time environment.
Organizations are rapidly recognizing the value of implementing Agile techniques. Executive Education helps those interested in Agile certification prepare for the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM exam through the Project Management Institute (PMI). Please visit the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner website for more information.
Agile methodology is being used by organizations worldwide to:
- Create rapid and flexible responses to change
- Reduce costs
- Improve communications between teams, customers and stakeholders
- Increase efficiency and value to customers and stakeholders
Participants have the option to take the 3-day classroom portion only.
Who Should Attend
Project and program managers, systems engineers, team leaders, and others who are given the responsibility for managing or participating in projects or teams utilizing Agile methods.
Learn Agile principles and practices through this intensive 3-day course with hands-on practical experience through simulation, including:
- Agile principles, practices and misconceptions
- Impact of Agile on traditional project management approaches
- Compare and contrast Agile methodology to traditional waterfall methodologies
- Benefits & trade-offs of Agile methodology
- Roles & responsibilities of the Scrum Master
- Practice Agile Sprint Planning and Scrum
- Incorporate Agile within the traditional Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Gain experience in Agile project planning, execution and control with simulation
- Become a leader in planning and executing projects with Agile methodologies
Return on Investment
- Through the self-paced online coursework, gain a comprehensive foundation in the concepts and techniques of project management
- Create rapid and flexible responses to change, reduce costs, improve communications between teams, customers and stakeholders, and increase efficiency and value to customers and stakeholders
- Manage an Agile project in a dynamic real-time environment to reinforce important principles and gain hands-on experience
- Earn PDUs towards satisfying the 3-year requirement to earn or maintain your Project Management Institute (PMI) credential and satisfies your eligibility to take the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)SM exam or contribute to the 3-year requirement to maintain your PMI-ACP credential, sponsored by PMI
Dates & Credits Awarded
Click on desired date to register or contact 856.225.6685.
Jan 22-24, 2013 – classroom + online, 73 PDUs
Jan 22-24, 2013 – classroom only, 21 PDUs
June 18-20, 2013 – classroom + online, 73 PDUs
June 18-20, 2013 – classroom only, 21 PDUs
9:00 – 4:30 pm
73 PDUs – (classroom + online learning)
21 PDUs – (classroom only)
$3,590 – (classroom + online learning)
$1,690 – (classroom only)
In order to support your organization’s training and growth, Executive Education will provide you with additional savings if three or more individuals from your organization enroll in the same Open Enrollment program. Please contact 856.225.6685 for more information.
All valid PMI members in the New Jersey and Delaware chapters are eligible for a 10% discount on Agile courses. Please contact us at 856.225.6685 for more information.
Seating is limited. Reserve your seat today by clicking on the dates above or calling 856.225.6685. If you need further information, you may contact us.