Important information about your e-Learning
In response to fast-breaking changes with web browser software (Chrome, Firefox, MSIE. etc.), and also to alleviate some confusion on the part of some learners, we have made some changes to how your Lean Six Sigma eLearning looks.
Before we explain the changes, please note: This is designed to improve your experience – not to inhibit your completion of the work. If you have any concerns about this, please contact Jonathan Lane at Rutgers Executive Education: jonlane[at sign]rutgers.edu | 856-225-6302
As you can see, there are now 5 folders in this My Plan folder:
• Required Coursework – Pre-Classroom Portion
• Pre-Classroom – Short Videos & Learning Sparks – Required but NOT SCORED (these items may not show as complete, even though you’ve completed them – don’t worry about this).
• Required Coursework – Post-Classroom (OK to complete before Classroom)
• Post-Classroom – Short Videos & Learning Sparks – Required but NOT SCORED (these items may not show as complete, even though you’ve completed them – don’t worry about this).
• Optional Learning Assets (optional)
We have simply reorganized the same amount of content – not increased the total duration of the program.
…And removed from “Required…Pre-Classroom…” to “Optional” are 2 courses that have recently become problematic for some users:
• Six Sigma and Lean in the Organization
• Introduction to Six Sigma
…and replaced in the “Required…Pre-Classroom…” folder with
• Six Sigma and Organizational
• Lean Principles and Six Sigma Projects
If you successfully completed the first 2 you don’t have to complete the second two that replace them.
Just submit the online Certificate Request ( http://execed.rutgers.edu/certificate-request/ ) and in the Comments box, type: “Took old pre-courses replaced 11/2015.”
Until further notice, due to fast-changing web browsers, some e-Learning courses will only work using the Firefox web browser with Java installed and enabled. Firefox is a free, widely-used web browser; if you’re using an employer-owned computer, you may need your IT people to help you install Firefox and/or install/enable Java.
– Make sure to test your web browser/system before logging in to Skillport:http://browser.skillport.com/