|Online (synchronous, asynchronous), with Scheduled Meet-Ups/Networking Events||$625.00|
This course is designed for individual learners but may be customized to be delivered onsite at your organization. Contact a learning consultant for more information.
According to our research, one of the most highly desired skill sets that Esports industry leaders want from an Esports professional is to have effective communication skills. In Effective Communications in Esports, you will learn how to present effectively to decision makers so that you can make the next big Esports move for your organization or yourself.
Effective communication is essential in every industry. It is particularly important in Esports because practitioners and decisions makers are often at different levels of knowledge and sophistication in this relatively new industry. This is hands-on course practice and hone all major types of communications: emails, written proposals, and presentations. Learn how to apply effective communication strategies and presentation tactics to specific Esports scenarios.
This course is being offered in partnership with University of California Irvine (UCI), one of the early leaders in Esports education. It includes a program discount for entry into the Business of Esports meet-ups hosted by Professional and Executive Education at Rutgers, wherein Esports thought leaders and influencers will discuss topics to support a more complete and immersive learning experience for program participants.
Taking the other courses in our Esports portfolio will enable you to receive the Certificate in Esports Management.
Other courses of interest related to Esports:
- Event Manager/Production Executive
- Sales/Partnership Manager
- Event Operations Specialist
- Community/Social Media Manager
- Esports Product Manager
- Guides and Reviews Editor
- Team Manager
- Web Developer
Turn a passion for gaming into a viable Esports career. Learn from industry experts how to work and grow within an Esports organization. As business opportunities flourish, the industry will create demand for professionals with the right mix of training, passion, and knowledge.
Go on a journey through the history of Esports and gain vantage points from developers, athletes, fans, sponsors and media. Examine relationships in the Esports communities and understand how their different roles affect each other. Explore Esports from behind the scenes and learn what it means to be involved in Esports. Learn the structures of what an Esports organizations might look like and build the groundwork for an understanding of the Esports industry.
The material covered in this course will help you (partial list):
● Describe communication expectations gaming and Esports audiences have for video game companies and Esports organizations.
● Respond to video game and Esports audiences about a difficult situation using specific strategies for that population.
● Determine the appropriate type of presentation based on the intended audience.
● Define content marketing and explain the various goals content marketing reaches.
● Create a piece of content that is formatted for a specific social media channel and audience.
What You Will Learn
The main goal of this course is to enable you to develop skills and competencies that employers are looking for in the following areas:
● Explain the current communication issue in the Esports industry.
● Utilize the AIM model to plan effective internal and external communications.
● Create a presentation that utilizes storytelling and data to persuade a specific audience.
● Develop engaging and memorable presentation support documents.
● Perform an oral presentation utilizing public speaking best practices.
● Create a piece of content marketing for a specific social media channel.
Who Should Attend
Our certificate program is intended for Individuals aspiring to launch or already beginning their career in the business of Esports. This program suits game developers, finance professionals, community managers, marketers, and project managers.
Earn a credential to put on your resume that showcases your skills to support career success from a trusted public institution serving the people, businesses, and government agencies in the state of New Jersey for over 250 years.