|Online (synchronous, asynchronous), with Scheduled Meet-Ups/Networking Events||$625.00|
This course is designed for individual learners but may be customized to be delivered onsite at your organization. Contact a learning consultant for more information.
This course will teach you what it means to be a project manager in an emerging Esports field. Learn essential components in the building, managing, and closing of Esports related events and projects.
Project management is a skill that carries across multiple industries. Understand the techniques used to analyze and categorize different risks that comes with planning a project or event. Gain skills in managing different stakeholders and learn how to distinguish expectations in relations to scheduled tasks and budgets. Esports Project Management: Live Events provides an opportunity to access a future career into the Esports industry.
This course is being offered in partnership with University of California Irvine (UCI), one of the early leaders in Esports education. It includes a program discount for entry into the Business of Esports meet-ups hosted by Professional and Executive Education at Rutgers, wherein Esports thought leaders and influencers will discuss topics to support a more complete and immersive learning experience for program participants.
Taking the other courses in our Esports portfolio will enable you to receive the Certificate in Esports Management.
Other courses of interest related to Esports:
- Event Manager/Production Executive
- Sales/Partnership Manager
- Event Operations Specialist
- Community/Social Media Manager
- Esports Product Manager
- Guides and Reviews Editor
- Team Manager
- Web Developer
Turn a passion for gaming into a viable Esports career. Learn from industry experts how to work and grow within an Esports organization. As business opportunities flourish, the industry will create demand for professionals with the right mix of training, passion, and knowledge.
Go on a journey through the history of Esports and gain vantage points from developers, athletes, fans, sponsors and media. Examine relationships in the Esports communities and understand how their different roles affect each other. Explore Esports from behind the scenes and learn what it means to be involved in Esports. Learn the structures of what an Esports organizations might look like and build the groundwork for an understanding of the Esports industry.
The material covered in this course will help you (partial list):
● Write a project pitch for an Esports event.
● Create a project status update that incorporates design strategies to encourage
● Populate and adapt a milestone tracker and risk register with changing pertinent
● Describe strategies for mediating live event issues.
● Classify and categorize the various types of onsite risks and issues.
● Populate live event documents with pertinent information.
● Describe preferred waterfall, agile, or “wagile” techniques for kicking off a
What You Will Learn
The main goal of this course is to enable you to develop skills and competencies that employers are looking for in the following areas:
● Build a project management tool kit of documents and techniques that allow for flexibility in a variety of
● Apply engaging communication techniques to exchange information with project team and stakeholders
throughout the project lifecycle.
● Identify, track, and resolve risks and issues throughout the project lifecycle.
● Identify leadership strengths that can be applied to the management of event planning and execution.
Who Should Attend
Our certificate program is intended for Individuals aspiring to launch or already beginning their career in the business of Esports. This program suits game developers, finance professionals, community managers, marketers, and project managers.
Earn a credential to put on your resume that showcases your skills to support career success from a trusted public institution serving the people, businesses, and government agencies in the state of New Jersey for over 250 years.