As of mid-2021, the number of sales roles advertised has risen 65% to more than 700,000, and hands-on experience with industry-standard tools such as Salesforce (TM), LinkedIn Sales Navigator (TM), ZoomInfo (TM) is in high demand. This short-duration, project-based course led by a personal learning coach will help you fulfill your sales career goals. Upon completion, you will earn a credential to put on your resume, portfolio, and LinkedIn profile that showcases your newly acquired skills.
Representative job titles: Sales Development Representative, Business Development Representative, Account Executive, Assistant Sales Manager, Account Manager, Sales Department Coordinator
Helpful resources to support your career success: B2B Sales Trends 2022 | 26 Habits of Incredibly Successful Salespeople | How Sales Jobs Could Change in the Next Decade | Six Trends Affecting Sales Enablement In 2022
According to ZipRecruiter, as of July 2021, the number of sales roles advertised has risen 65% to more than 700,000 open positions around the U.S. This demand has shot up as companies emerging from the pandemic are switching to a growth mode and need qualified sales professionals to obtain their goals.
This project-based certificate is designed to teach structured sales frameworks, the strategy behind sales, and an overview of different sales methodologies that you can rely upon for repeatable success in the field. You will obtain hands-on experience with industry-standard tools that companies are looking for in new hires and for promoting internal candidates as you acquire and apply skills in prospecting, managing the sales pipeline, customer relationship management, and developing winning sales pitches.
This certificate will position you to enter sales or enhance your sales skills, enabling you to boost your revenue potential and close more – and bigger – deals. Building upon the hands-on experience you will gain with two industry-standard sales software tools, you will increase your productivity and your ability to handle a more extensive portfolio of prospects. A more finely tuned ability to manage all prospect and customer interactions will help close sales to new customers and increase sales to existing customers.
What you’ll learn
The main goal of this certificate is to enable you to develop skills and competencies that employers are looking for in the following areas:
- • Knowing how to apply different sales models and methods, depending on the customer and the situation
- • Prospecting and targeting
- • Lead development
- • Writing and delivering winning sales pitches and presentations
- • Hands-on experience with prospecting tools (Zoominfo™, LinkedIn Sales Navigator™)
- • Hands-on experience with customer relationship management tools (Salesforce™)
- • Admittance into the Salesforce™ international learning community, Trailhead
How you’ll learn
Individualized support by industry experts: To assure your learning supports where you are and where you want to go in your career, our individualized delivery model teams you up with your own personal learning coach who will meet with you virtually during the course of your study. In your initial meeting, you will discuss your career objectives with your personal learning coach. Over additional scheduled one-on-one virtual meetings they will discuss your questions, homework assignments, and connect your learning to your job and career to make sure you get the most from the material presented and maintain your focus on the learning goals you have set for yourself.
Project-Based: You will apply the concepts you learn in a project that you can draw upon as you interview for your new role. Because the project simulates the actual work duties of professionals in this field, the project offers you an opportunity to showcase the skills and competencies that employers are looking for in hiring and promoting professionals in their organizations.
Flexibility: Learn on the days of the week and times of day that fit your schedule: E-Learning is available virtually 24/7/365.
Who should attend
This program is geared towards individuals seeking to enter the sales field or mid-level sales professionals seeking to refine their existing skills. The hands-on work in Salesforce and ZoomInfo will provide valuable experience in tools that are much sought after by leading companies across various industries.
Why the Rutgers program?
Earn a credential to put on your resume that showcases your skills to support career success from a trusted public institution serving the people, businesses, and government agencies in the state of New Jersey for over 250 years.
- • Experience facilitating practical, effective, hands-on learning experiences to individuals and groups to support their success in a rapidly evolving workplace environment
- • Highly experienced, personal learning coaches who know how to help you learn, and who have the business experience needed to speak with authority, so it is meaningful to you
- • Focus on practical application so you can expect to get a quick return on your investment in time and tuition
- • Affiliation with a network of over 530K alumni in all 50 states and on six continents
- • Relationship with a legacy institution that can provide access to an extensive portfolio of career-oriented programs that will support lifelong learning throughout your career